How to Get Duplicate RC?
People, if your Registration certificate (RC) is stolen, lost and you don’t have any idea that How to Get Duplicate RC? Then don’t worry. Here we are going to provide you a solution to your problem. Check How to apply for RC online for Two, Four Wheeler by going through this article. As we know, that Driving License to drive two or four-wheeler on roads is compulsory, similarly issued RC (Registration Certificate) is also mandatory. Basically, the Registration certificate is an official document which means that your vehicle is registered with the Government of India. In simple terms, we can say that it is documented, proof the registration of your two or four-wheeler.
In India, it is very important for people having 2 or 4 wheelers, to obtain RC as Motor vehicles Act, 1988 make it compulsory for every vehicle owner to have a valid registration certificate for driving vehicles on Roads. In Motor Vehicles (MC) Act, it has given that no person can drive a vehicle without RC. From the date of issue RC, it is valid for 15 years and can be renewed for 5 years after expiry. Temporary RC is only valid for 1 month from the issuing date and cannot be renewed. In any state or Union Territory, the Registration certificate has made as per the norms of the Motor vehicles Act, 1988.
How to Get Registration Certificate Book or RC Smart Card?
At nearby RTO office, every vehicle owner requires to register his two/four-wheeler. As a part of the registration process, inspecting authority at the RTO office/zonal office inspects two/four-wheeler. Motor vehicle dealers also have registration powers, so you can also get your motor vehicle registered from there. In this case, when your vehicle registered, self-registering dealers will deliver the motor vehicles to customers.
Documents Needed For Registration of a Vehicle
Here, you can check documents list require to obtain Registration Certificate for Two/Four Vehicle:
- Pan Card
- Registration Fees
- Passport size photographs
- Attested copy of address proof
- Attested copy of vehicle insurance
- Dealer and manufacturer invoice
- Form 34 requires and signed by owner and financer
- Duly filled Form 20 i.e. application form to register a motor vehicle
- Form 22, Form 22- A i.e. manufacturer-issued roadworthiness certificate
- Form 21 i.e. vehicle dealer issued sales certificate
Entries available in Registration Certificate (RC) Card:
Here is a few information that your registration certificate card, mentions:
- Fuel used
- Vehicle registration number
- Type of vehicle body
- Cubic capacity
- Name and address of the vehicle owner
- Month and year of vehicle manufacture
- Maker’s class and vehicle class
- Colour of the vehicle
- Seating capacity
- Signature of the owner
- Date of registration and expiry date
- Unladen weight
- Chassis number and the engine number
Apply for RC Online
How to Apply for Duplicate RC Online?
Follow the procedure to apply for Duplicate registration certificate from below:
- Fill application form through online mode at Parivahan Sewa website and it requires details of Police FIR and Vehicle insurance details.
- Submit require service fee with application form through online mode. The fee has decided as per the category of vehicle. For eg- Rs.700/- for Duplicate RC for Light Motor Vehicle includes motorcars, jeeps, taxis, delivery vans.
- When payment successfully submitted, a receipt will be generated which you require to submit along with documents at governing transport authority office.
How to Apply for Duplicate RC Offline?
- If your registration certificate is lost, stolen then you can get duplicate RC by following below process:
- File a First Information Report (FIR) at the nearest police station where you lost your registration certificate (RC).
- For duplicate RC, Fill an application and you will get Form 26 for this.
- In case, you purchase a vehicle on loan, Get signature from your vehicle financier
- Submit form 26 with all relevant documents, complaint letters at the RTO office, which issued your original RC.
Documents Require for Duplicate RC:
- Insurance certificate
- In case of loss of RC, FIR copy
- Form 26 i.e. application for duplicate RC
- in case of RC Damage, Original copy require
- Last 4 quarters Tax token and tax payment details required
- Valid pollution under control certificate
- No objection certificate (NOC) from the financier
Fee Need to Submit for RC:
Light Motor Vehicle (Non-Transport)
Medium Goods And Passenger Vehicle
Heavy Goods Vehicle
Heavy Passenger Motor Vehicle
Imported Motor Vehicle
Imported Motor Cycle
Procedure To Convert RC Book To RC Smart Card
Follow below-given procedure to convert RC book to RC smart card:
- You need to write a letter to the superintendent of traffic police in your city stating your purpose to get your RC book to RC smart card.
- Take vehicle insurance certificate and vehicle emission certificate copy.
- Pay prescribed fees and submits RC book and above relevant documents at nearby RTO office.
- Now, within a week, you will receive a registration certificate smart card at your registered address.
Here, in this article, we have provided the answer to your question “How to Get Duplicate RC?”. So, now people can easily apply for RC Online for Two, Four Wheeler. I hope the above details regarding “How to Get Duplicate Registration Certificate for vehicle” will be helpful for people who are looking for the same. To get updates on entertainment, national/international news, health, etc, go to our web portal newzbullet.com